I suck at drinking water. I can get to 1-1.5L, no problemos but by the end of day I really struggle to fit in the extra 500ml. Experts advise about 2L per day is the appropriate amount for the average human body. So, as part of my new year resolution I am going to consistently drink 2L of water and that’s all there is to it. With this new years resolution came lots of studying, so I wanted to share with you my tips to stay hydrated this summer!
Our amazing body almost completely relies on water. Every organ, muscle, joint – you name it! – needs water to function at full capacity.
So what does being hydrated actually mean?
- It hydrates our organs
- Keeps our minds sharp
- Gives us energy
- Regulates body temperature
- Lubricates the joints
- Helps the heart pump blood
- Flushes bacteria from your body
- Aids digestion
Just to name a few…
So I’ve been researching a few tips and tricks to help get me to that 2L mark. Here’s what I’ll be trying to get me through the remainder of this sweltering QLD summer!
My Tips To Stay Hydrated
- Infused water – Try infusing your water by adding lime, lemon, berries, cucumber, mint, whatever you like!
- Buy a 2L water bottle – I just recently bought one from Rebel Sport which has the time marked on the bottle so I know how much I should have had by 10am, lunch, 2pm etc.
- Drink a glass of water before meals – Not only will it be helping reach the 2L mark but it will also stop you from overeating.
- Eat your water – Shovel some more watermelon in your gob! That along with food like celery, eggplant, cucumber, apples, rockmelon are all water based food.
- Drink coconut water – If you really can’t stomach anymore from the tap, try coconut water. Be sure to check how much sugar is in it though! Some of the coconut waters from the supermarket are chockablock full of sugar!
So there you have it! My top tips to stay hydrated throughout summer and beyond. So far it’s working out a treat!
Written by Bec Hartley – Digital Marketing Assistant